Sunday, August 28, 2016

Summer Saturday in my City

“I learn by going where I have to go”
Theodor Roethke


Dior
House of Dior
What to do to keep sane (after a long roller coaster week mentally, emotionally, and physically); enjoy my city; and “stay cool” (on so many levels)?  Take advantage of my free membership thanks to NYC ID, invite myself to join lovely Ladies, and go to the MET.


I love Facebook for so many reasons.  Mostly to keep in touch with people whom life would have made me lose.   Yes, it’s a form of voyeurism.  But, in this instance, I was able to
Classic Chanel
see what these Ladies were planning, and invite myself!  (I won’t get going on the negative aspects of Facebook.  Working to stay positive here.)
Saint Laurent

Having memberships to museums is like having a season ski pass.  Somehow if you just go for one exhibit, it’s ok.  (Much like going for just a few runs down the ski slopes in the days when I had a season pass.)  Thanks to the NYC ID program, I have memberships to some of the best museums in NYC (for free!).

Chanel Wedding Ensemble
The ManusxMachina exhibit at the MET is in a word, stunning.   Having been fortunate to attend a number of the MET’s couture exhibits over the years has been quite a treat.  They do it so well.  (This exhibit has been extended through Labor weekend, and the MET will stay open until midnight next weekend due to the success and popularity of the exhibit.)

Psycho Barn
One more stop after thoroughly enjoying the magnificent couture; the rooftop of the MET to enjoy this year’s installation overlooking Central Park with amazing views of my city: Cornelia Parker’s Psycho Barn.  Never a disappointment.

Conservatory Water
After hugs goodbye to my friends, I meandered through arguably my favorite place in this huge city: my Central Park.  No matter how disappointed, distraught, disillusioned, or disgusted, I am my Park brings me peace and enjoyment.


Secret Garden
Feeling content, finally, I then spent wonderful hours in my Secret Garden.  Reading, chatting with dear neighbors (now friends), picking up salad around the corner for dinner… Life is good.  I am blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment