Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend with my Ladies

“...you are my rainbow to keep. My eyes will always be watching you; never will I lose sight of you.”
Vesna Bailey

An uneventful quiet bus ride brought me back to NYC late after work on Thursday for a long four day weekend.  Memorial Day, the unofficial start to summer, definitely, the mental start of it for me, was not boding well, weather-wise.  But, it’s the Northeast, not a darn thing we can do about our fickle weather, just deal with it!
A rainy, warm Friday was the perfect day to take advantage of one of the New York Public Library’s free classes.  I headed to Midtown, the 5th Avenue annex, to partake of “Intro to Ebay.”  It was taught by a lovely young Woman, a Librarian, who clearly had a great time getting rid of her stuff on Ebay.  What I learned is that I can’t really be bothered.
Tolaoche 82
Kris and I decided to go beyond our neighbor hood restaurant staple, Sojourn.  Walked a couple of blocks north to 82nd Street and 3rd Avenue and had a wonderful dinner at Toloache 82, an upscale Mexican restaurant.
Cascabel Taqueria
Cascabel Taqueria
Saturday Katie drove down and we had a long leisurely brunch at Cascabel Taqueria.  I guess the theme was meant to be Mexican for the weekend.  Since it was another rainy day, we bought the makings for mimosas and huddled at the Hx3 watching movies all day and night.  Fun, relaxing, and great just being with my Ladies.
Bethesda Terrace in Central Park
From Central Park's website;Bethesda Terrace
Sunday we woke to a pretty, sunny day.  After the Ladies went for a run, Katie and I walked over to Central Park and did some yoga!  Then we spent a couple of hours just meandering through the Park, down Poet’s Walk, through the gorgeously tiled Arch onto Bethesda Terrace with it’s iconic Fountain, then walked by the Boat House and the Alice in Wonderland Statue.  All along the walk we were entertained by a variety of street performers.  Perfect Sunday walk.  We then stopped into Sojourn, and Kris came across the street to join us for a light bite.
New World Trade Center
At Night
Later we headed down to Pier 66 on the West Side to a great Boat moored on the Hudson River, The Frying Pan.  We had a very enjoyable few hours with our cocktails, munchies, and sunset.  Kris’ friend Alex joined us, and it seems whenever he arrives anywhere, it’s an instant party.
Brandy's Piano Bar
Brandy's
From there we headed back to the UES to check out a Piano Bar I had just read about.  It was one of Katie’s fears for some reason, and thankfully we turned her into a convert!  Brandy’s is great fun, and 84th between 2nd & 3rd, it’s literally in our ‘hood!
Monday was a magnificent day that we took very lazily and did like New Yorkers, ordered burgers, fries, and milkshakes to the Hx3, and watched more silly tv. 
Thankfully, Katie and my ride home was nothing like our Christmas drive.  Easy, uneventful, and fast.  A priceless weekend with my Ladies






No comments:

Post a Comment