Friday, May 4, 2012

Winter in Manhattan Odyssey Weekend Six: Friday


                                 "An ounce of performance is worth a pound of promises."  Mae West
          Long week at work, bone weary, and sore, I got on the 9:30pm. Megabus Thursday night.  Free ticket, and had four seats around a table to myself!  Rested and caught up on a missed episode of Glee.  Climbed into bed at around 2 a.m. and woke up at 11:00 a.m., unheard of for me, and loved it!
From Yelp, now closed, unfortunately
            Made plans with K2 to meet at Persephone, a Greek restaurant with a great new young chef, on 60th between Lexington and Madison.  I had a Blackboard Eats coupon, so we had 2 courses and a glass of dessert wine (port) for $20 each!  It was a lovely, long lunch.  I really could easily become a Lady who Lunches, often. (www.blackboardeats.com.  is similar to Groupon, but it's free and you get a code to use when you go to the restaurant). 
Bloomingdale's
from their website
              K went off to work, and I decided to finally poke around Bloomies (Bloomingdales) since I live 3 blocks away. And poke is all I did, very $$. Headed home and decided to treat myself to another manicure, as I noticed my hands and nails do seem to be in better shape. I added on a small shoulder massage which was just okay. Home to relax for a short bit before heading out to Roomie's show with Everyone.

            Roomie's Cousin was at the theatre when we arrived.  (It feels really nice to know people when I go places in NYC!).  Roomie’s show was a production of The St. Jean’s Players at a Church auditorium on the UES, and was called “The Envelope Please”, a celebration of the Tony Awards.  It was very enjoyable with a true cast of characters ranging in ability and age from 9 to 70.

               After the show we sat up chatting til almost 2.  No wonder everything starts later in New York.  

No comments:

Post a Comment