Monday, April 9, 2012

My reason for "Winter in Manhattan Odyssey"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did do.  So, throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover."  Mark Twain
Ever feel like it's time to fulfill some items from your  “bucket list ?”  Life events and circumstances in the fall of 2010 as well as reading the book, "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne at the same time helped to give me the courage to do that.
Twilight @ Webber Pond, Maine
              I decided it was time for ME! to pursue some of my long stored dreams.  Due to my life’s realities, I don’t know if I will ever live in New York.  So, I decided to be creative about it.  Much like I have arranged my life to spend three days a week, at least, in Maine, at our Lakeside cabin, my mental health retreat, during the good weather months, I had now decided it was time to “winter in Manhattan”.  I decided to go to New York City most every weekend last winter.  Walk explore, observe, write, read, BE in a city I fell in love with many years ago.  This will either get “it” out of my system, or….we’ll see!

Snowfall @ twilight in Central Park

No comments:

Post a Comment