Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Winter in Manhattan Odyssey: Weekend Two/Monday

"He who postpones the hour of living rightly is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out before he crosses it."  Horace 

Ipbprhtt14
Bistro Vendome from its website
Woke up after a great night's sleep, cup of coffee, shower, chat with Everybody.  Out the door to see a movie but, first a nice lunch.  Decided to stop into the restaurant right next door, and was the first person there for the day.  (How awesome is it that, there’s a great restaurant literally right next door?!)  Having lived in the ‘burbs most of my life, it’s a real treat!  Bistro Vendome (E 58th between 1st and Sutton Place) is charming.  The Bistro was offering a 2 course prix fix for $20, or 3 course for $25.  I decided to go all out with the 3 course.  Had a wonderful vegetable soup, salmon with a side of what seemed to be eggplant in a marinara type sauce, with a lovely glass of pinot noir, cappuccino and crème broulet for dessert. 
 Then off to see “The King’s Speech” with Colin Firth, a few short blocks away.  Excellent movie.  (Everybody had been telling me that, but somehow I wasn’t in that big a hurry to see it.  Very glad I did!)
Grand Central
I somehow misjudged my timing for the day, so after the movie I rushed back to the apartment, nobody there, so texted Roomie to say goodbye, grabbed my things, and rushed back out to grab a cab to Grand Central.  Jump on a bus out to JFK,  stressing about the Holiday traffic and of course the JetBlue terminal is the last one the bus stops at.  Rush to a reservation desk with no paperwork as I had no access to a printer, easily got my boarding pass, and the nice Lady assured me I had plenty of time.  Thankfully my flight was delayed a bit, so I did have plenty of time.
Just got off my first “free" flight on JetBlue!  Waiting for my Husband to get off work, I jumped into Boston Brewery for a glass of wine and a burger, sometimes there’s nothing better.  And, Ray Bourque was there!  I was really feeling like the jet-setter I knew I was meant to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment